German Shepherds Forum banner
161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Re: PITIFUL NO NAME WGSD FEMALE - WARNER ROBBINS -

Actually, in all honesty - it was her "family" who her let/made this happen to her. It is done and let us all learn some things from this.

For my part, I just circled back on an eval. I asked for to make certain I knew "enough" about the request. Plus as Pupresq said - the eval is only a glimpse and we hope we are making educated decisions, but even the "experts" get it wrong - both ways.

I am not agreeing with any "techniques", but I am hoping you really didn't mean harm.

MODS PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts

There is not one person on this or any other forum who, if being honest, has not made not only one but many mistakes working with dogs. Its very easy around here to armchair quaterback and beat other people up when they make a mistake. That is the only thing I have found that makes me sad sometimes about this forum. If we were all experts on everything canine, why do we need to be here? I think what Zack is trying to do is a good thing. He may or may not have made a mistake with this dog, maybe it could be rehabed with enough time and maybe not. We will never know. What we do know is that he went out of his way to give this dog the best chance and eval he knew how to give. Volunteered his time and evergy and was honest about what he saw. We can always learn more from things we have done in the past. Stop beating up and lead him and give him the gift of your experience and knowledge so he can improve doing what he loves. He obviously is doing something right as he has had success.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·

Hi BBZ, I truly believe that you were well intentioned and pure of heart and happy to see that you are taking this as a learning experience. We have all made mistakes. It's what we do with them. What is necessary to be successful in our rescue endeavors is to learn from our mistakes, be open to suggestions and use caution in our every move. It is a heartbreaking task sometimes...but we are all here because we care...you included. So...fresh start...take the advice of all the wonderful experienced people here...and you will be great!

As for this poor girl...we all share in your mourning...I cried all day for her....I cry for all those pitiful souls that so much injustice has been done to. We can pray for her...and learn from her...and make something good come of this. As with Diesel...a dog I will never forget...my only consolation is that there is now a fund set up in his memory by a very generous member. So..in this girl's memory...let's save another......and never forget her...and love her as she was never loved in this life.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts

Originally Posted By: k9sarnekoThere is not one person on this or any other forum who, if being honest, has not made not only one but many mistakes working with dogs. Its very easy around here to armchair quaterback and beat other people up when they make a mistake. That is the only thing I have found that makes me sad sometimes about this forum. If we were all experts on everything canine, why do we need to be here? I think what Zack is trying to do is a good thing. He may or may not have made a mistake with this dog, maybe it could be rehabed with enough time and maybe not. We will never know. What we do know is that he went out of his way to give this dog the best chance and eval he knew how to give. Volunteered his time and evergy and was honest about what he saw. We can always learn more from things we have done in the past. Stop beating up and lead him and give him the gift of your experience and knowledge so he can improve doing what he loves. He obviously is doing something right as he has had success.
Thank you for this post, I think you have said it best..Not one of us is perfect and all knowing... Zack I really hope you stay on the forum and stop beating yourself up..you did your best to try and help this poor dog.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts

I don't want to keep bumping this girl up ahead of the others who still need help, but BBZ wanted to let people know that he has been banned from this forum, so if he doesn't respond to posts/questions, that's why.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

Originally Posted By: raysmomI don't want to keep bumping this girl up ahead of the others who still need help, but BBZ wanted to let people know that he has been banned from this forum, so if he doesn't respond to posts/questions, that's why.
Why?????

·
Registered
15,138 Posts

This is the one and only comment that will be made by Admin's. Member in question was banned for breaking board rules.

WiscTiger. - Admin
Val

·
Registered
763 Posts

I'm confused too.... I can't find anything publicly posted that is in clear volition of board rules.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts

Quote:I'm confused too.... I can't find anything publicly posted that is in clear volition of board rules
Quote:Argh. There goes another good opportunity for education.
I second both of these. I also cannot find anything that violates board rules and I think it's a shame that he was kicked off rather than educated.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts

Quote:I second both of these. I also cannot find anything that violates board rules and I think it's a shame that he was kicked off rather than educated.
Ditto this.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts

I'm guessing that he was banned due to posts and comments that were made on another forum on this board and it had nothing to do with this forum.

·
The Italian One
8,729 Posts

I’m sorry but it would be inappropriate of us to comment on the banning of a member and what the specific reasons behind it would be.

I’m going to close this thread now since it has become unproductive. If someone wants to start a new thread in this dog’s memory or on “proper evaluation of a shelter dog” please feel free to do so.

161 - 178 of 178 Posts