German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I belong to a smaller club and we've been working towards raising money for our fall trial. As it stands we had just enough dogs within the club to hold a trial, the two club founders are also the only members of the executive decided today to cancel the trial due to "commitment of members"( which isn't fair there is a handful of us that are at every training day and do a lot of training on our own and with other clubs) and are refusing to open the books.

Some of us have had some suspicion of misuse of funds or there being no funds at all... Is there anything one can do to try and have this mediated or because they are the executive are we now just left high and dry?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Ask them about the time frame of the "commitment" and ask that it be rescheduled, either just before or after and see what their response is. How are the funds raised, Is everyone paying membership fees? If so, do you use receipts? If there is something funny going on I would think you could use small claims court. Refusing to open the books would concern me to.

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Look to your bylaws. They should spell out exactly how things can be handled as far as the finances of the club, the books, etc. Not sure if you can turn to the mother club (I assume the GSSCC). You would again have to turn to the main organization's bylaws.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts