German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my goodness new pup is wonderful. He had a heckin day though. Put on plane at 4am Houston time which is 5am my time. Grounded on the tarmac an hour and 45 min for weather...but, took off. Then , because I am the "App" Queen I was able to see the turbulence and T storm he was flying through in cargo. (I highly recommend My Radar) ....so he was suppose to get on plane at 4am and arrive 5 hours later...turned into 10 hours. My man was pee'd up the wazooo ..and United PetSafe INSISTED on a white glove delivery and bathed him before letting him out the double doors to me. His butt was disoriented, wet, and cold! I had a minor concern with his demeanor when he first came out, but once the heat vents hit him in the truck...release the confident Krakken!

He met Valor and my kids in stride. Valor gave him a second bath. Check. (zero problems as expected..I'll crate and rotate and do supervised short dual dog periods...only to avoid dogginess in the pup. Valor is rock solid and pretty much thinks I got HIM a puppy) Plus Valor is on modified activity to to a massive misjudge on my part regarding the velocity of a heavy Gappay ball out of a Chuck It designed for a tennis ball in combo with unnoticed tire ruts 50 yards away from a truck tire track. He is kind of limping on front shoulder. He did a Nascar Would Be Proud Roll when he hit blindly in full drive.

My only thing I am wondering about is a pup understanding 7 days on and 7 days off with his new "handler". Anyway, here they are:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On that note at 4'11 I am doing an all out request for my tall friends to say my gray roots are showing lol

Attachments

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Congratulations! I bet you're so glad to have him home with you! Let the good times roll, and post lots and lots of pictures, I have a distinct soft spot for bi colored dogs!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I would have been a nervous wreck watching that app and then having to wait until they bathed him. He has the look of a confident "this is where I was meant to be" with you holding him. So how was your sleeeeeeep?????? :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Oh my goodness! Look at his little chunky puppy self! Congrats!

·
Super Moderator
32,250 Posts
I just realized I posted this in wrong section :/
You can do a notification on your thread and ask that it be moved. :) I'm not a mod in this section, or I'd do it for you.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all! He slept from 11pm to 6 am. No accidents in the house. We are experiencing the crate screams today lol He slept next to my daughter in an open crate all night..but being in the middle of the action and crated he protests for a bit. So far so good..I know it is early days but I like what I see. No issues with a super noisy house. Fits right in! Doesnt flinch when things are dropped like a correll bowl on tile..just goes to investigate. He and Valor are great during their limited supervised free time. A few licks, a gentle pawing then off to their spots to chill. So proud of Valor. As forward defensive as he is by nature to strangers, he is so kind to children and puppies even if he does not know them.

You can do a notification on your thread and ask that it be moved. :) I'm not a mod in this section, or I'd do it for you.
Oh thanks! How do I do that?

·
Super Moderator
6,295 Posts
Click on the little triangle with the ! in the middle then follow the instructions:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts