German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I was clipping Kenya's nails. She prefers to be lying on her side for this. Afterwards I was petting her and noticed all these spots on her belly. They are far back, around the last few nipples where the skin is more exposed. They look like little blood blisters. A few of them are bigger and white/greenish like human pimples, and a few of those look like they "popped" and crusted over. I've never seen her itching or licking this area so I don't know how long it's been there. This is the first I've trimmed her nails since before I left for Florida (left April 4). I rubbed through her fur farther up on her belly and could not find any of these spots. I don't see any fleas either.

Yucky

No yucky

·
Registered
714 Posts
Hard to tell from the picture but could be "puppy pyoderma" (skin infection). If it is, it's treatable with antibiotics, just needs a visit to your vet to get a definitive diagnosis and meds.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked up pyoderma and it seems to describe the bumps, but not the cause (could still be allergies, irritation, fleas...). I sent the pics to her breeder.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Some sort of infection is my guess -- the result of allergies?

A visit to the vet appears to be in order.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts