German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GSD has EPI,,, losing weight but has a huge appetite, his stool is consistent cow pancakes. He is also eating his own stool. What is the best treatment for him.. Very hungry and thirsty... Lots of energy but losing weight....

Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hello,

This is what we use for our EPI dog. PancreVed is the cheapest we have found. She has been on it for 4 years and is doing great. You need to get a Vet prescription. It may be cheaper if you sign up for a recurring subscription. Chewy.com also has it.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Have you started treatment? If he has EPI he is literally starving, he needs enzymes with every meal, no treats until he's stable.

To successfully manage EPI you need to address: Enzymes, Diet, SID/Sibo & B12

I would recommend joining Epi4Dogs | Homepage | Managing EPI | Non-Profit Educational Resource & Forum , you will find all the information you need to properly treat his EPI.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My GSD has EPI,,, losing weight but has a huge appetite, his stool is consistent cow pancakes. He is also eating his own stool. What is the best treatment for him.. Very hungry and thirsty... Lots of energy but losing weight....

Thanks

Thanks
Yes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts