German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. after submitting my first post on Weight gain and pancreatitus, i took the advice of all that responded back and took my pup to the vet for the complete blood pane testing. the samples were FEDEXed to TEXAS A/M for the results due back in 7 days. the vet sent me home with a bottle of Epizyme powder.was told to mix with food and wet it to activate the enzyme and let it sit for 5 minuutes. has anyone used this product? does it need to be saturated with water or just moistened? thanks

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
Just a little bit wet, a few table spoons as I recall.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My GSD, Maia, has EPI. I usually mix the enzyme with a little canned food and some water (maybe 1/4 cup) and then mix the kibble in that. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
My girl Maya has EPI and she is on Solid Gold Wolfking and 1/2 teaspoon of enzyme powder mixed with warm water and she does great. IMHO, you do not need to mix canned food. One of the things to keep in mind with EPI dogs is that they need a low fat diet and not sure most canned foods are low fat.

There is a yahoo group for EPI dogs as well as a yahoo group for ordering enzymes for a reduced bulk rate. VERY worthwhile looking into both.

You will need to experiment a bit with enzyme dosage before you stabalize your dog.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
My girl Maya has EPI and she is on Solid Gold Wolfking and 1/2 teaspoon of enzyme powder mixed with warm water and she does great. IMHO, you do not need to mix canned food. One of the things to keep in mind with EPI dogs is that they need a low fat diet and not sure most canned foods are low fat.

There is a yahoo group for EPI dogs as well as a yahoo group for ordering enzymes for a reduced bulk rate. VERY worthwhile looking into both.

You will need to experiment a bit with enzyme dosage before you get your dog stabalized.

Good luck!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts