German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my senior foster girl has gone to her new home. She had been posted on a local breeder's website, with my e-mail address as the contact. The response was much greater than I thought it would be considering she was not on any rescue site.
One of the responses sounded like a wonderful possibility, so my husband and I took a day trip to do the meet and greet. I decided to meet at her home initially so I could get the home visit out of the way.
It went well, and her references checked out really well.
I really wrestled with letting Miss Enschi go. I loved having her here, but wanted her to have the best home possible. She is the only dog now, with a few cats for company.
Her new Mom is a dispatcher for the police department. They have 2-3 working GSD's on the force, and their handlers are excited about meeting Enschi. They are totally open to giving her a recreational bite on a sleeve every now and then if she is interested.
At 10 years of age, Enschi was the oldest GSD we have ever fostered. I loved every minute of it and would be a-okay with doing nothing but seniors from now on.
Of course, if it doesn't work out she comes back here forever. I wouldn't even think about placing her again if that were to happen.
Sheilah

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
Is this Novak's Enschi??

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. Enschi once belonged to Janis Novak. Her new Mom is not involved in any dog sports, and Enschi will be a much loved house pet. But as I mentioned, the dog handlers in the police department she works for are in awe of Enschi and her history and breeding.
Sheilah

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Congrats to Enschi on her new forever home - that's so exciting!!!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
congrats to Enschi! This must be bitter sweet for you eh? Is is close enough that you can see her on occasion?

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
It definitely does sound like Enschi has found a wonderful retirement home.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was so hard to let her go! Out of all the fosters we have had over the years, Enschi has been the hardest to let go. She is just a perfect dog.
Yes, she is close enough to visit. It is a roughly 4 hour round trip, and actually a pleasant drive. I am hoping to get over there in a couple of months.
I was told that she is greeting Mom at the door every afternoon, holding her stuffed duck in her mouth and ready for a walk. I think it is a good match, and Enschi is certainly treated like the queen she is.
Sheilah

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Congratulations Enschi

Thank you for finding her a good forever retirement home ~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts