German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
since I'm new to the GSD forum i just wanted to ask the pros about something that's been in my mind for a long time.
i might be getting a white Swiss shepherd's dog, and when he grows up he'll be having a lot of energy to burn off. i want to know if mental stimulation+1.5hrs of walking/jogging+ swimming every other day. is enough to tire him out ?
and couple of my friends have dogs and we were planning play dates every other week, is that enough dog-to-dog socialization after the initial phase?

thanks

·
Registered
682 Posts
You are going to get a million responses on this topic but IMO, you have to learn how to "read" your own dog. What's good or what works for one may be too much or not enough for another. Try different things and see what works is the best advise I can give.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you !! it was really bugging me, i don't want the dog to be frustrated because of all the pent up energy.
as for the mental stimulation, do you have any ideas ? other than kongs because i have all of them:p

·
Registered
682 Posts
thank you !! it was really bugging me, i don't want the dog to be frustrated because of all the pent up energy.
as for the mental stimulation, do you have any ideas ? other than kongs because i have all of them:p
Well I would go to a puppy class for socialization and you will pick up tips there. I would look into the NILIF program as well, there are several articles on this site about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts