German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I should say bulldozer :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Emma was spayed Thursday - another post, but things are getting interesting. None of my other female Golden's ever went through this when they were spayed - at least not to this extent :smirk:

I would say she is at 200% driving us nuts and growing.:wild: She has learned to just bulldoze her way around the house with the cone. Does not matter what is in the way or if she will fit. Emma makes it happen :eek:

The cone is starting the show the carnage with creases. I wont mention the furniture. people legs, or lamps. I have had to cone proof the house :help:

She is so bored not being able to jump and play. I am trying to keep her calm. Are ther any safe game to tire her out. We went for a slow walk today (Vet OK), but she got so excited I cut it short

I tried letting her off the leash to potty, but she wanted to run, tripping over the collar - so back on the leash. She has a problem going potty if I am watching - so Daddy needs to turn his back :confused::confused:;):crazy:

A few minutes ago she mowed down the wife in the hall, trying to get by. She got me in the forehead tonight while I was trying to check the incision.

Would 1/2 a bennadryl help. It was recommended for car rides to calm her.

I would feel real bad if she got hurt trying to be happy. She tolerates the cone, but I can tell she is so sad.

My daughter calls it the cone of shame. I thought is was the cone of silence at first, but Emma is definately the "Cone - A - Nater" now.... let nothing stand in her path, lest it be mowed down, one way or another :D

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Did the vet say you can't take her for long walks? That's what I've always done to wear them out. I think the stitches are safe after 48 hours.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He wanted short walks, 15 min up to 30 min for the first 3 to 5 days due to the bleeding. With her roughousing around the house the incesion looks a little irritated tonight. Ill check again in the morning after she sleeps tonight :sleep::D

I am attaching a picture of my little angle :wub:... Terror -A - Nator.... she graduated after causing me to fall tonight :eek: (got me right behind the knees) I think she did it to give me kisses, because as soon as I hit the floor after rolling off the chair she was right there licking me in the face, cone and all:) My fault for not watching her moves.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts