German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She wants to play with Cats, Not Dogs :crazy::crazy::eek::)

Daughter came over for Easter, so now we have two cats in the house (separate rooms as I am allergic) Daughters cat is Louie - striped tiger, He is very big (think Garfield) . Son has the other smaller one named Hubbs (think Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hide).

Emma was all wiggles and wanting to play when she saw him (no barking), If this had been a dog, she would have been barking with her hackles up. Louie could have cared less about Emma and walked off to my daughters room, with Emma bouncing all around him. But that did not last long as Louie hissed and charged Emma (no claws). It was very funny watching Emma get into reverse. In the end, Emma went into a down position and wined...Im sure she was saying to Louie, please play.

My daughter :crazy: also says Emma is cat like in her play behavior and moves, so I guess I now have three cats in the house:eek::eek::D.

Bottom line I think Emma's cat socialization is going better. Someday I hope she will ignore or possibly even play with them, on the cats terms.

This was also done under very close supervision. "No Cats were Harmed":D

·
Registered
32,009 Posts
She isn't defective..she's smart..

Cats make GREAT squeeky toys!

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Someday I hope she will ignore or possibly even play with them, on the cats terms.
I'm still waiting for mine to play on the cats terms well one of them anyway, we seem to be stuck:D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A while after I posted this Hubbs came out of my sons room. Now he could have taken the short cut to the back door and avoided Emma. but NO he had to walk right in front of her to the front door.

Emma was under my feet gnawing on a bully stick. She saw hubs, both ears went to double front radar as Hubbs walked by. Emma quickly approached. Hubbs raised one paw, hissed and Emma went into an immediate down and wined, as Hubbs went to the door to be let out. Its a glass door and after he went out, he sat right in front of the glass with Emma's nose pressed against the other side, whole body wiggling to play.

I am sure these is more to come, but its looking better.

PS My daughter said that Emma had better not make Louie squeak:eek::eek::eek::eek::)

·
Registered
154 Posts
LOL good stuff. We are a four cat household, and constantly on our toes with 19 week old puppy the past couple months! It is getting better, slowly.... Our Toller spends too much time watching cats though, it seems. I keep finding her lounging on the BACK of the couch like a cat!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Me thinks were making progress. Hubbs actually walked up to Emma today on his way out. Emma was in a down and not moving (she learned claws hurt the other day). Hubbs took his paw and batted her nose once playfully (no claws no hiss) and ran for the door.

Emma was so puzzled she did not know what to do, but the look was priceless.:laugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts