German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a red plastic folder fixed to our front door that has emergency information about all the pets inside our home along with numbers to call in case we cannot care for them. While reading another thread about restraining in cars someone mentioned having emergency information in the vehicle in case of an accident. I was wondering if i simply stated

In case Ella is injured please take her to the nearest vet - all bills would be covered.

I also included our vets info but if we were not near home do you think another vet would treat her without promise of payment?

·
Registered
319 Posts
It would really depend on the vet. I can't tell you how many times the vet I worked with got screwed by people "promising to pay" (I'm not saying you wouldn't, just pointing out why vets might be hesitant).

I think it would be a good idea in your emergency information to have a bunch of people you trust whom they can contact to make decisions with regards to treatment, and who can pay and then have you pay them back.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Would a care credit account be something to set up w/ the idea of people you trust having that access?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I know my vet doesn't do anything without payment....perhaps others are different. We don't keep anything on or near our door about Deuce as here in Maryland the fire department doesn't use the pet or tot finder program like other states (i'm a volunteer firefighter).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts