German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy is supposed to be emailing pictures and description from his brothers computer this morning. He's got 2 nine yr. old GSDs - Hansel & Gretel. He got them from a breeder in Florida when he lived there. (He will be told he should at least try the breeder...although even the logstics are pretty tough IF they would even consider them)

Anyhow, he's had them since they were 8 wks old. He'd love to place them together but to save their lives will split up. As far as why he's giving the dogs up, I am not at liberty to post this information...but it is EXTREMELY urgent! He has placed his cats with his sister and brother but needs to find a home for the dogs. They're good with kids, cats, and other animals so that may be a big selling point for them despite their age. The poor guy was starting to cry on the phone, think he realizes he really screwed up and his animals are paying the price. I believe they're both sable - the male is 125# and the female is 115# so they're big dogs.

He's going to send pics hopefully this morning from a relative's computer.

Due to his situation...he is out of time.

I can be pm'd for contact info.

Will post pics when I receive.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Any medical details - up to date on shots, altered, on supplements for arthritis??

Thanks

dd

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will get that info. I have not been in direct contact with this man...He called someone else who in turn called me. I will call him tonight.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just called this man...he is very nice and loves his dogs VERY much!! He said they are great with other dogs. Great with kids...and have been great with a handicapped neighbors child. They are due now for their shots which he has offered to pay for if anyone can save them. They are spayed/neutered. They are not on any supplements/medication for arthritis...but he feeds a high quality food and is willing to buy a bag to go with them. His female has a little discomfort in her hip and has for a while. He feels it may be from a fall when she was young. He said they are fabulous dogs and love eachother very much.

He loves these dogs very much and is pleading for someone to help them.

(pics will be up as soon as I get them)

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
p.s. He said the hip discomfort is subtle and does not slow her down....they love to run and play.

They sleep in his bedroom with him. They are very loved.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
How heartbreaking!

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think this is an option...

(if it is...I will certainly update this thread)

As of now...he is desperate to find placement as his time with this is extremely limited...

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: EMERGENCY - HANSEL/GRETAL NEED RESCUE -BETHELE

trying to get a hold of the owner...his sister sent pics Sat. morning via email...but who knows where they went...I didn't get them

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I just finally got a hold of the owner.I really feel for him. He is very upset. I asked him how long he'll "be gone"...he said at least a year. So...boarding that long is not an option. He would be willing to temp. board if more time is needed to find placement...although he is fearful of incurring big expenses. He has about a week to find placement.

I should have pics tonight.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

p.s....he said his dogs sense something is wrong...he is trying to prepare them...and is not being as affectionate as usual...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

Mary Ann, you're killing me.....
Can you pull any harder on my heartstrings!!!
Now you're going to post pictures and bring me to tears...

1 - 20 of 83 Posts