German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting here in tears as I write a note to a friend who has lost her Doberman at a young age.

For everyone who reads this, please do something special for your dog today. Maybe you walk an extra mile or you make them a special treat. Just do something to enrich their lives. Their love and loyalty knows no bounds - please embrace each day you have with your dog.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Excellent suggestion. My condolences on your friends loss of her young companion.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I agree. So sorry for your friends loss. We can get so set in routine we forget that they always won't be part of our day. When the day comes and all the days after, we wish we could have one more hug, one more game of fetch.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
I agree. Treat every day, like it would be the last. You never know what is going to happen...

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I remind myself every day to treasure them, especially when something goes wrong - like Delgado bonks me in the head or gets the zoomies and knocks my knee hard. It hurts and it's very easy to get angry but then I think that one day I won't get that interaction and see that goofy face and it sobers me and usually I grab a toy to entice him to play or ask for a snuggle instead

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So true . . In honor of a beautiful loving dobie that is gone too soon, please show your dogs how much they are loved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts