German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kinda embarrassing! And a weird one - I don't know whether to hope someone else has the same issue.

I suppose I should say we rent and for whatever reason, our bathroom door does not latch. Too many coats of paint or who knows what. So the dogs (and cats) can push in if they want. It doesn't particularly bother us, but perhaps we really should get it fixed.

Agis is fascinated by my husband peeing, and will stick his head in the stream if my husband doesn't 'turn off the tap' fast enough.

What's up with Agis's interest in human pee? I told my husband he should pee sitting down from now on haha

Reactions: JunoVonNarnia

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Shadow did that a few times when the guys would pee behind the shop. Dogs are crazy.

Put a line of tape on the bathroom floor and teach him he cannot cross it. Or you could fix the door, but I would do the tape.

·
Registered
262 Posts
🤣🤣 I have to close door if I want privacy. I usually give a verbal warning and push them away. This is not an uncommon problem though.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He stays in the hall when I go though. We've had dogs come into the bathroom for years, Agis is the first that sticks his head in pee!

I suppose we could teach him to not to go past a certain point - though that would mean he wouldn't come visit when I'm having a bath, which I enjoy. Man! We might have to get the door fixed after 5 years!

Bearshandler, that makes sense. My husband just comes out and informs me "Your dog is a weirdo."

Reactions: JunoVonNarnia

·
Super Moderator
6,413 Posts
If the landlord won't have it repaired you could buy a doorstop he could slide under the door with his foot to get a little privacy:)

Reactions: jarn and Sabis mom

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I often hear my husband telling Ziva to keep her head back or she's gonna get wet if he doesn't close the bathroom door tightly.
I've wondered if they think it's like water from the hose until they smell it or maybe it's them investigating a male marking his territory.
What ever the reason I think it's pretty common.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Our male pup will come sniffin around in the early morning when I am watering the bamboo....
But the female and older male have no interest...... I think it's more puppy curiosity...

and yes, I live in the sticks.... secluded. LOL !

·
Registered
473 Posts
I live in 5 acres of woods and pee outside as in. It's only natural to mark your territory :LOL:
Did your husband eat asparagus prior?:sneaky:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the landlord won't have it repaired you could buy a doorstop he could slide under the door with his foot to get a little privacy:)
Oh the landlord should repair it - we've just never complained about it (we have a very relaxed marriage perhaps? lol).

I live in 5 acres of woods and pee outside as in. It's only natural to mark your territory :LOL:
Did your husband eat asparagus prior?:sneaky:
No asparagus! I have wondered if it is something he's eaten, but it doesn't seem to have a pattern - he's ALWAYS interested.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I live in a house of wild boys so pardon me if this sounds weird to normal people 😂
There’s only one way to find out for sure... Scientific experiments 😂 ...poke a hole in a water bottle and try the same thing and see if there is a difference in his reaction... then pee in different places and try the same thing. If he does exactly the same thing with pee and water, the poor dog doesn’t know he’s getting peed on 😂😂 ...if he doesn’t care about the water but goes after the pee, you’ll need to run further experiments 😜

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@iBite only the one washroom...but when we next go camping...hmmm

Reactions: iBite

·
Registered
137 Posts
@iBite only the one washroom...but when we next go camping...hmmm
I’m just going to smile and nod like the classy, refined lady that I am and pretend like I couldn’t immediately mention 10 other places in the house that people CAN and HAVE peed other than the toilet 😂😂😂😂 (Again... boys 😂😂)

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
This is kinda embarrassing! And a weird one - I don't know whether to hope someone else has the same issue.

I suppose I should say we rent and for whatever reason, our bathroom door does not latch. Too many coats of paint or who knows what. So the dogs (and cats) can push in if they want. It doesn't particularly bother us, but perhaps we really should get it fixed.

Agis is fascinated by my husband peeing, and will stick his head in the stream if my husband doesn't 'turn off the tap' fast enough.

What's up with Agis's interest in human pee? I told my husband he should pee sitting down from now on haha
Next time have your husband try some
allelomimetic training.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Reactions: MineAreWorkingline

·
Registered
137 Posts
@iBite hahaha! I hope the others are sinks and bathtubs!
[/QUOTE]
Well I’m not saying I’m proud of it or anything but we reno’d the bathrooms once and for a while there, we were down to one toilet... some of us are more pee-shy than others so alternate arrangements had to be made 😂 ...and that raccoon walking under the window one day used to pee all over our porch the whole time we lived there so he had it coming anyway...

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@iBite hahaha! I hope the others are sinks and bathtubs!
Well I’m not saying I’m proud of it or anything but we reno’d the bathrooms once and for a while there, we were down to one toilet... some of us are more pee-shy than others so alternate arrangements had to be made 😂 ...and that raccoon walking under the window one day used to pee all over our porch the whole time we lived there so he had it coming anyway...
[/QUOTE]

🤣

Amazing!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts