German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 8 month old son... Since we have only had Elvis 6 weeks all of his time with the baby is 100% supervised. Today I was making dinner and the dogs were in the kitchen and my son was crawling around. I turned my back to take the chicken out of the oven and when I turned around my son was standing holding onto Elvis's fur ( he had a good grip too, and was pulling) my first reaction was to leap forward and grab him off Elvis but I didnt want to startle anyone so I just kind of swallowed my heart that was in my throat and watched as i started to approach... as I watched, the baby started to try and take steps holding onto Elvis... Elvis must have got what my son was trying to do and he started to shuffle with him letting my son use him as a walker, when my son was done and let go Elvis licked him and was soooo happy .... It completely melted my heart after my heart went back into my chest.:wub:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Way to go Elvis!!! Sounds like he is really good with your son. Much nicer to learn to walk with a nice warm furry body than a plastic toy.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
:happyboogie:

Waiting for my youngest son (5 months) to start standing up and walking. Curious to see how Titon is with him even though he LOVES the boys. :wub:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Awww that is so sweet! Should have gotten video.

·
Registered
69 Posts
When my neice was young, she used Kai to stand up all the time. It was the cutest thing. A big dog helping a 5 month old learn how to stand.

Next time, get video!!!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
What a good and sweet boy Elvis is!!!

·
Registered
972 Posts
thats so cute!! goes to show you how sweet these guys really are and how close they pay attention, glad to see you have a full time nanny :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts