German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone my name is Lisa, and I recently found what I think is a GSD. Found her wandering the neighborhood she was super skinny and timid. I posted an add for a found pet on CL, the original owner gave her to a stay at home home 30 miles from here said she gave her away because the dog snapped at her kid. (Didn't want the dog back)

I've had her for a month and she hasn't even tried to snap at my two kids. She does decent with my other dogs and ignores my cats. I've never owner a GSD before and did some research

One vet said she looks like a wolf hybrid, I just don't see it I emailed the owner and she said she's an arctic wolf GSD hybrid....

I wasn't planning on keeping her but she's such a great dog I might have to :) I'm here to learn as much as I can about the breed

This picture is when we found her, she's fattened up a bit more :)

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Newer picture

Attachments

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
In my opinion she looks very much like a white shepherd. She also did look thin from the first post in that you can clearly see the ribs and the pelvic bone. The only real way to definitely tell is a dog DNA test. They are not that expensive just takes a little bit of time for the results. If you are interested about some of the DNA dog tests here is a link with some different labs and prices.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, I might get the DNA test done just to find out.

It's that time of year to take all our animals to the vet so the DNA test might have to wait. When we took her to the vet they said she has a bad tooth and I want to get that removed first.

My zoo is growing lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts