German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We submitted Elke's DNA to Embark awhile ago after she had a few rough days with the back end slipping and sliding. We were concerned about having another girl with DM, Ellie had such a rough time with it.

Good news - Elke does not have any of the GS genetic markers for any of the 11 things they test for. She also does not have any markers for any of the other 208 things they identify. So no DM. Yippee!

Just a couple clumsy days I guess. She seems fine now.

but the real surprise is her Breed makeup - Our little shelter princess is, indeed, a genuine 100% German Shepherd. A princess for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Oh I am so glad no DM markers! May she continue to be fine.

Reactions: Buckelke

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Elke is about 12 years old according to her paperwork. Someone gave her a DOB in 2010 but I have no idea where that came from. She was a stray, so they said. She is healthy and a few months ago her vet said she was fine and it was good to see such and old girl so spunky. she's gotten a little gray but is still my best girl. And yes, it was very comforting to know she has no chance of DM. It was horrible to watch Ellie fail and not be able to help her other than stick rugs all over the floors. Good to hear Heidi has no chance either. That is a big one.

Being a shelter dog, we did not expect her to be purebred, that was a surprise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts