German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I do not have access to any pet supplies here and was wondering what mothers recipes / natural products can be used to clean tiles / spots that Karma is targeting, maybe even deter ?. All our cleaning household products are heavy on ammonia so if use them it will make things worse. Also - using a mop I have realised I am making the areas bigger !!

thanks

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
white vinegar, perhaps?

Can you order supplies from the internet? If so, please order some enzymatic cleaner.

And get the pup on a great schedule to cut down on the amount of accidents she's having- there shouldn't be too many.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Internet is not an option due poor postal services. Karma will be well and truly house-trained before it arrived ! White vinegar certainly an option.....................

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Haha, well then, white vinegar is all I can think of. I'm sure others have better options.

·
Registered
636 Posts
We've always used a half-vinegar/half-water solution. It not only eliminates the odor to you, but also to the dog, so they won't be able to smell where they've gone before -- which definitely helps in trying to housebreak a puppy.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
We've used the 1/2 water, 1/2 vinegar mixture, too. The vinegar should deter her from using that spot again. If the urine has soaked a bit, after cleaning with the vinegar and water solution you can put a decent amount of baking soda on the area, then mix 1/2c of hydrogen peroxide and 1 teaspoon of diswashing soap together. Pour this over the baking soda and use a brush to scrub it. Allow this to dry, then vacuum or sweep it up. This works great on carpet, just use your fingers [with rubber gloves on] to rub the peroxide mixture into the baking soda. In a pinch you can use laundry stain removal products that say 'oxy' - that's just peroxide. Hopefully, these items are all available where you are. By the way, what do you do there?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi people
Thanks for the vinegar tips .being a tropical climate w e have smooth tiles throughout so should be easy to get rid of the smell with this mixture !

I am in Facilites and Asset Management . I look after embassies , coporate properties and telco towers etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts