German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I'm researching my future dogs pedigree and I'm looking at the linebreeding appearing in his three generation pedigree. Looking at the dogs that those dogs are linebred on, if that makes sense.
I've been able to find a lot of information on the forum so far but I can't seem to find anything on ESG Elfi vom Herkulesblick SchH3 FH IP3 KKL2. His great grandmother on his dams side is 5-5 on her. All I've been able to find is her titles and estimated progeny on Pedigree, no pictures or anything. Does anyone here have experience with her or what she's produced?
Pedigree Workingdog

·
Super Moderator
18,681 Posts
She was the dam of Greif Herkulesblick who was known to produce exceptional nerves and temperament. He, though, was sired by Urs who also had phenomenal nerves and temperament. Greif is behind a lot of good dogs so, thus, is Elfi.

Elfi has a super nice old working pedigree. Though not bred by Alfred Hahn (Busecker Schloß) this is a breeding he probably would have done. Does look like hips were not the best in her pups and her overall hip rating (her ZW#) is below average. Unfortunately sometimes the best breedings for working ability, strength of character and nerves didn't always result in the best joints.

I don't have time to go more into depth. What is the dogs pedigree that you are looking at? I would be curious.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just saw this thread.

Interesting that Elfi vom Herkulesblick is a sister to Aldo vom Eltersberg (sire of Falko von haus Sindern) and has a similiar pedigree to Sagus vom Busecker Schloss and Elke von der Hardter Höhe (maternal grandam of Yoschy) with Greif Lahntal over Arko vom haus Buch.

Just seen some pedigrees lately with all these names multiple times over.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
I pretty much agree with Lisa about the genetics of Elfie. I too would look carefully at joints of progeny that Come from the linebreedin of Elfie.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your responses! Apologies for my late reply, I've been having some health issues that have prevented me from doing much besides my coursework.
Elfi shows up in Kansas's proposed pedigree through his dams grandmother (I found this out while looking up what dogs in his 5 generation pedigree were line bred on while on a research binge) Fiby vom Weißeritztal through Elfi's daughter V Haifa vom Herkulesblick on her mothers side and V Greif vom Herkulesblick on her sires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts