German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So unfortunately we won't be moving as soon as I had hoped. The dogs next door are over the top yappers. I can't stand it, so I'm contemplating buying an electronic anti-barking device. From what I've read they are for training but since she yells shut up while they are barking maybe it will be training :wink2:. I'm thinking it can't hurt. Has anyone used one successfully? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
5,126 Posts

·
Registered
9,731 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I now have one on the way. I'd like to know how people can sit beside 2 yapping dogs and not have it make them crazy.

·
Super Moderator
6,286 Posts
Worth a shot of course, however I did not have much success. The dog I was targeting (a GSD) barked and quickly stopped when the device was activated, then it was almost as if it sent her into a rage because she began barking louder and ferociously hitting the fence.

Another downside is that my yard is very small, so even tho she triggered it, my boys still had to hear the correction.

I took it down within the week. Thankfully it was a loan.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it didn't make any difference, I sent it back. Made an offer on another house, multi-offers they didn't take ours. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts