German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna put in an Electric fence, but I want one that's strong. I have an acre that I would like to let Sarge out, and not worry about him running off. Some fences are not strong enough, and they will run through them. What's the best?

·
Registered
760 Posts
We have Invisible Fence for our 4 GSD's and works great. My parents home has E-Fence and that works just as well.. Both are inground systems with a box. One of our friends did another brand that just sends out an electric circle around there house but no burried wires which also works best. But for you Id go with an in ground wire so you can map out and burry exactly where you want your pup to go. Ours was already installed when we bought our house. If I had to do it again Id bring the front line along the road up further away from the roadway as my 4 car chase, bark and chase joggers etc but they respect their fence even when their batteries die. Id just prefer them back a bit more. Also ask if there is a strength control on the fence you are considering.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have two Puppies. 1 yr and 7 mo, and Love the invisible fence. Have it professionally installed and you should be ok. A friend did a - do it yourself - and it didn't work.
Follow the instructions they give you. My dogs run everyday so it's great! I followed the training they told me. The other day they were chasing a bunny and I thought Oh no. Well they stopped!
Some people think its mean but I think it's meaner never letting a dog Run...always tied,
No it doesn't keep unwanted dogs out but even if you had a fence your dog could dig out..
I only let them out when I'm home and I keep an eye on them

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts