German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone putting raw egg into the food? Also I have read some feed the shell. How do you front it down ? Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Mine sometimes eats raw eggs with shell as well. I usually gave it 3 times a week when I was doing it, but I have since gotten lazy and stopped giving them. When my chickens are old enough to lay eggs, which should be in about 3-4 weeks, I will start feeding her raw eggs again.

·
Registered
31,369 Posts
I feed an egg daily. No shell But I do try to tear out the membrane on the shell. Just keep in mind that has added phosphorus in it.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I feed a raw egg, shell and all a few times a week... sometimes mixed in with the kibble, sometimes just the egg sitting on top like a prize, sometimes I just hand him an egg to take outside and play with.

The other morning I was making scrambled eggs for myself and an egg slipped out my hand, Kaiser caught it before it hit the floor - score, he got to keep that one, LOL and I was very pleased I didn't have to clean up raw egg!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Are you guys feeding raw? Or is the egg added to kibble?

Aly
I mix it in with the kibble. I smash the egg up with a spoon and get the shell into as many little pieces as possible. If I don't, she'll pick and spit out the big pieces.

·
Super Moderator
7,013 Posts
I feed a raw egg, shell and all a few times a week... sometimes mixed in with the kibble, sometimes just the egg sitting on top like a prize, sometimes I just hand him an egg to take outside and play with.
Same.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I don't feed raw but I feed him raw eggs and fresh chicken livers 3-4 times a week. Tried feeding the shell as well, but didn't come out good in the waste. So I crack it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Thanks guys! I've gone back and forth on feeding raw eggs. Grew up watching my grandfather & father feed raw eggs, did that myself for a long while, then started feeding hard boiled eggs instead. Can't recall exactly why now; probably had something to do with salmonella concerns. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Aly

1 - 13 of 13 Posts