German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys my 3 months old does not eat enough something like 311 (411) recommended but if i mix his food with eggs or yogourt he eats whatever amount i give him. Shall i start encouraging his intakes with eggs or shall i let him eat as much kibble he need ? Cheers

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I would add stuff. Fiona likes raw egg mixed with hers. I am going to add pumpkin and yogurt to her kibble tonight. But she is spoiled.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Does your pup free feed or do you put down a certain amount for a specific time, then pick it up?

I am in no way a nutritionist or vet, but, IMHO, I've never had a puppy that ate their full serving at one time without having to add something "fun" to make them eat it. It was recommended by a vet to allow the pup to free feed until they are a year old, then start trying to schedule feed once they get close to their "adult dosage".

Also, and once again, this is strictly my opinion and nothing more, but when you start off "spicing up" the food and they expect it, when you try to feed just plain kibble, they'll look at you like you're crazy because they expect the extra flavor. We did that with our second dog to get him to eat (very underweight rescue who would eat a mouthfull at a time and hide the rest to come back to over the next day or two...) and once he was at weight and we tried to get him to eat plain kibble, he refused to eat except for a mouthfull or two. Since then, we've had to put something else in the food just to get him to eat a normal daily ration..and that's been eight years of that.

Just my 0.02$ :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts