German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy is 3 months and 1 week today !! He is eating little rocks and asphalt. Can anyone tell me is he missing something in his diet?? He eats his puppy food @ 7 am then again a small lunch @ 12:30 and dinner @ 6pm So it's not like he is hungry. But when I take him outside he graps a little rock and eats it !!!
Thanks any help is wanted ..

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Brady did it too. He's a puppy and they eat everything plue he is proberbly teething. He'll grow out of it and the mean while tell him no when you see it happening

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
at work can't ramble long- just don't let him continue- Dublin ran his teeeth down when not watched- substitute any "rocking " with an appropriate activity - don't make a big deal about the rocks- just have a ball in hand and make the ball WAAAY mopre fun thanb the rock will ever be- he'll hopefully run out of interest in light of better things to play with -

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Jesse did that at well when we got him and took a few weeks of telling him "no" "leave it", he has grown out of it and I haven't seem him touch a rock in a few months. Mind you he is a vaccuum when it comes to little stuff off trees sitting on our pool deck and chows down

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having the same issues with my 3 month old female. I'm finding rocks up to marble size in her poop. Not good. I thought she was just chewing on them, but no. I now keep an even closer watch on her outside and try to dissuade her using similar methods as above.

·
Registered
742 Posts
My puppy did that especially when she was real young. I used to pull the rocks out of her mouth. Now she usually spits them out if she picks them up. I also use "no rocks" and pull her away if she is on the path to rocks. She passed a few big rocks, probably not fun. They eventually outgrow it, its not a food issue, more a my mouth is my hand issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts