German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Diego is 13 1/2 weeks old & is active & growing. We feed him 3 times per day & he poops 3 times per day. Yesterday all day he did not poop. Today, it's noon & he has not pooped yet. Should I worry? Is there anything i can do to make him poop?
He eats his food rightaway & is acting normal.

·
Registered
17,397 Posts
Anything with too much fat or oil should help things move along (pumpkin does it for my dogs, as well ground flax, but everydog is different), but you have to be careful because if there is an obstruction, then that's an emergency and you need to get to the vet ASAP.

Any chance he ate something that is blocking him -- stuff outside, rawhide bone, etc?

(p.s. hi neighbor, I live right outside Sacto.)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Good news! Diego just dropped 2 separate doozies about 20 minutes ago!
Normal in all respects. He must have been testing his W.S.S (waste storage system). First poop since Thursday night! That's 46 hours!

I don't think I ever been happier to see poop!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
That's an awful long time to hold it. Mine goes twice a day and if she doesn't, I start fretting about what she ate.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Good boy Diego.

Bogarts Dad

·
Registered
742 Posts
Glad to hear Diego is doing well. Juli was real lethargic last week for a day and we were worried she was sick, then she pooped a big rock and she was back to normal after that full of energy. I guess it wasn't fun having that rock in her system, glad it came out!
Glenn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts