German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GSD has been eating grass lately. Everytime I take him out for a walk he'll stop and graze on grass. What's up with that?? Does it mean something? Maybe tummy is upset? Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks
regards,
Debbie

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
I moo at Dante when he does it
also call it "Going to the salad bar".
Dante likes grass, eats it from time to time but he always does it more in the spring.
I just let him

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Oh yes.............ours doing the same & thought they were sick ! Found out, nope............they just like the fresh Spring grass !

·
Registered
189 Posts
My dog loves to eat grass, too
In fact sometimes I see it in her p**p, lol! When I first got her she ate so much of it I wondered if there was something wrong with her! But, I know now it's just because she had never had it so available to her and she was overjoyed with the luscious green bounty under her paws!
Now, she is a little more lady-like about her grass consumption..

·
Registered
182 Posts
Betsy......I'm on my 4th GSD and everyone of them loves to eat grass, but the silly things eat it and then stand there and heave until it comes up, same for all of them. So I don't think they can eat too much. And like someone else commented, sometimes I see it in their poo. For as smart as they are, they never make the
cause/effect connection "I eat grass, I eject grass". However, I do put a stop to it if she goes back to grazing after the chucking it up session.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts