German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let my puppy out he eats stems, grass wondering why i try to catch him, he throw up something like flem

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Let my puppy out he eats stems, grass wondering why i try to catch him, he throw up something like flem
My dog that isn't a german shepherd does this when she is hungry.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
My boy was just outside & the patches of new tall grass he couldn't resist chewing on. He also has chewed grass & threw up flem like you describe. I have been told it could be a sign of a upset stomach or they just like to eat grass.

Has your puppy been to the vet & a fecal test confirmed no worms?

·
Registered
456 Posts
My GSD-Mix pup does this also. Although ih his case he has been dewormed. I wonder if its a sign of lackign stimulation?

·
Registered
43 Posts
All of my dogs over the last 25 yrs have at times ate grass from time to time. Sometimes they would throw up flim. Most of the time it seemed to be upset stomach. They would either eat vary little or not at all. I have 2 gsd's and a corgi and the 2 gsd's have been nibbling on it the last couple of days but not to the point of throwing up. If it goes on for more than a day think about a vet trip with a fecal sample.

·
Registered
43 Posts
When I suggested a day I meant without eating. Puppy's eat everything under the sun and grass is not half bad tasting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts