German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy about 4 months old. I got him from our local humane society. I was giving him a little under a cup of food for breakfast and supper. He would eat it so fast that he would get the hiccups. Really fast. At the time I had switched from what the Fed was feeding him to Beniful healthy puppy which he seemed to like. I wanted to get him checked out at our local animal hospital just to make sure everything was going well. They did stool sample and said everything looked perfect except we was starving him. We wasn't giving him enough food that's why he was eating so fast and getting the hiccups. They recommended to fill hos bowl in the morning and when he is done eating to pick it up. And to do it at breakfast lunch and supper. Since we have done that he doesn't seem to be eating nearly as much. That has been about a month ago. I have read that the teeth maybe part of it. The vet did say that at 16 weeks he should start losing his baby teeth. I can't tell if he lost any or not? Will he lose the canine teeth also? Other than him not eating as fast or as much at one sitting he acts fine. Runs and plays like crazy. What I did notice today. We was sitting on the porch and I took his bowl out to feed him, he would eat if I set a couple pieces on the ground and then would eat out of bowl for a little then stop. I did that a couple times and he ate all his food. I'm not real sure what's up? I'm used to a black lab. I never had a gsd. He is great. I just want to make sure he's ok. I also switched to Purina pro plan puppy for LG breeds. He doesn't seem to matter the change. Our vet has recommended this. Any info will help. I'm just hoping that it's his teeth but not sure.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts