German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this cow that I have here, or at least it turns out that he for sure was a cow in the last life, eats grass like, well a cow. He also eats dirt. I know that puppies explore all with their mouths but he is half the time running after a ball I throw to divert to a piece of dirt or grass to lay down and start chewing on it. Calling attempts are only partially successful. It is slowly to starting to damage my calm. The only thing that keeps him of the grass is if I run around like a madman arms swinging and jumping like a antilope where any psychologist that would see it would probably give me his card, but still, this dog's constant obsession with grass and dirt, is getting annoying. He eats normal, he has normal excretion etc, but it seems he enjoys grassing away and eating dirt just as much as playing around and that enrages me.

Any suggestions ? Or is this still normal ?

In other bad news, I had to fish a cockroach out of his mouth and a big one in the middle of the night when he went peeing, I saw something black on the garden stones which was big, but I was half a sleep. He picked it up and I heard "crunch crunch and then I realized I got no crunch crunch vegetations etc laying around....."

lovely.....:mad:

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the frog is 11 weeks old atm, please tell me it is normal. He does listen to the OFF command, well at least momentarily. As soon as I start walk away he is chewing on it again. Sometimes, I have to carry him away, is that normal ?

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
he is eating royal canine maxi jr plus. That is the best I can get him, since in some countries like mine, we do not have that many variety. He loves his food.
I also realized that he actually goes after the grass roots. Today I must say, he did a great job. Although my constant off commands work for a few seconds he only made about 12 holes in the garden today. Now he found out to eat pieces of wood from tree trunks... he today also ate a spider. Actually he stepped on it first and when the thing was half dead and moving in a circle, he ate it. He also ate some flowers. What got his attention was a butterfly that he failed to catch, then he let the fury out on the flowers.

What gets on me is that he often prefers that stuff over exercise. The OFF command works, he looks at me but still lays there. When I want to carry him away, he at least lets me and if I do not carry him far enough, he goes obsessed back to eat the root of the grass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.