German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cant anyone just pick a good sire and dam and make it look like a dog came from them? its so easy to just register a dog and also add tiles to it. how can i verify if the dog im getting is actually from those lines and if those titles are legit?

Line-breeding for the progency of Ruger Van Den Heuvel and Zanet Jipo-Me

the breeder gave me this to look at but how can i verify any of it? it seems i can just go and make a page like this myself? or is it not that easy?

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
You can do an online pedigree search at the store at akc.org.
That will tell you if the dog exists.
Ask to see scorebooks, and health certifications and then check with the organization that awarded them to verify.

To answer... Yes, a pedigreedatabase pedigree can be faked.

·
Banned
5,124 Posts
Unless you really trust the breeder, pedigree database shouldn't be trusted. A lot of times people will "fix" any type of connections they don't believe to be true if they really do care about their lines, but a lot of the dogs on there have probably been entered and don't get monitored that often by their owner/breeder/kennel. Although AKC paperwork is probably also possible to mess with, I'd depend a lot more on an AKC pedigree or an SV document.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Both of those dogs are AKC registered, but like you said, people can make it up unless they have DNA profiles on the parents and the puppies. It's being required in a lot of European countries now, but not in the USA (except for heavily used dogs), and of course, past generations still depend on how much you trust the breeder.

Ruger Van Den Heuvel
DN30876203

Zanet Jipo-Me
DN32744001

All breeders should put the DNA profiles on their website, like this person did.
http://kerschberger.com/ColeBonita.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts