German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody tried them yet? I just got two bags of the Great Plains Feast (got a great deal at doggiefood.com) and started switching India a couple of days ago.

The two new formulas don't have calorie content on the website or on the bag; the VP of marketing is supposed to be emailing that info this week. If the new formulas are like the old, they'll have around 700 calories per cup.

~Kristin

·
Registered
85 Posts
Very interested in following this thread - I noticed the feed store where I get our horse feed from had some sample bags of this line the other day. It's not something they carry in stock but will add to their order a bag at a time if asked (like they do for the horse feed I use). I would love to be able to get all of our feeds from them, but this is the first/only time I have seen them with something I would be interested in on the dog side of things. They are a mom & pop shop and I'd much rather support them than the big chain - for now I'm getting dog food from TSC.

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
Very interested in following this thread - I noticed the feed store where I get our horse feed from had some sample bags of this line the other day. It's not something they carry in stock but will add to their order a bag at a time if asked (like they do for the horse feed I use). I would love to be able to get all of our feeds from them, but this is the first/only time I have seen them with something I would be interested in on the dog side of things. They are a mom & pop shop and I'd much rather support them than the big chain - for now I'm getting dog food from TSC.
The difference between Midwestern Pet Foods which makes Earthborn/ProPac/SportMix and Diamond is like night and day as well. I wouldn't use a Diamond product if it were free. Only a few months ago there was a recall of the cat foods because of a faulty vitamin pack. If a company can't use the right vitamin premix it shouldn't be making pet food.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only grain-free I've seen at TSC is Taste of the Wild. It's got about half the calorie content of the Earthborn Holistic.

I am still looking for something to replace the EVO I used to feed. I like Orijen and Acana, but am interested in what else is out there. doggiefood.com is in Rhode Island, but they got a special deal, plus they were running a 15% off special, and it was more economical to ship two bags than just one--shipping for one bag would have been $16, but was $25 for two bags. Now they're running a 20% off special, so I'm debating pulling out the credit card to order another two bags while they're such a good price.

~Kristin

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I just stopped by favorite local pet store to buy snake food (mice :() and noticed that they are now carrying Earthborn's entire line! I was very excited about it, because no one around here carries it. He gave me good sized samples of each of the grain free formulas. He will also be carrying their grain inclusive formulas.

I gave the dogs a taste and they loved it, of course. I've learned not to judge how good a dog food is by how eagerly my dogs eat it, because they will eat alfalfa sprouts and cardboard, given the chance! lol

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
I just stopped by favorite local pet store to buy snake food (mice :() and noticed that they are now carrying Earthborn's entire line! I was very excited about it, because no one around here carries it. He gave me good sized samples of each of the grain free formulas. He will also be carrying their grain inclusive formulas.

I gave the dogs a taste and they loved it, of course. I've learned not to judge how good a dog food is by how eagerly my dogs eat it, because they will eat alfalfa sprouts and cardboard, given the chance! lol

Pro Pac and Sportmix are extremely palatable so I suspect that Earthborn is as well. Both of those others have a very distinct porcini mushroom like smell that seems to be the silver bullet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts