German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, a friend of my mum's gave us this puppy, he's supposed to be a Mal mix, when we got him he had puppy mange all over, lost fur on his ears, muzzle and body, the thing is his ears, its too floppy and probably too big? I mean i've seen floppy GSD ears before but not like this. my question is, would it eventually stand up? I would occasionally see 1 ear 'slightly' stand up for a couple of seconds and fall back, and recently his ears seem to fold backwards. hes 8-9 weeks old

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
That's one sad looking little puppy! Give him a hug for us! Make sure you keep him warm.

It is too soon to be worried about his ears. A lot can depend on what he is mixed with. Give it some time.

What's his name?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's one sad looking little puppy! Give him a hug for us! Make sure you keep him warm.

It is too soon to be worried about his ears. A lot can depend on what he is mixed with. Give it some time.

What's his name?
He's sabretooth and another thing odd about him is that he has very sad looking eyes, but this little critter is lively and mischievous as ****.

thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
LOL! Right now he looks like Snagglepuss. I hope he grows up to be Sabretooth for you! He sure has an extra dose of cuteness.

·
Super Moderator
7,345 Posts
I don't think his ears will go up....fully erect like a PB gsd or mal, but you may get some lift. he's definitely playing his cards right with that sweet face... no way I'd guess he were as mischievous as you say :p

something about him is saying ridgeback to me. but 8-9 weeks is indeed too early to make an accurate breed or ear guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts