German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 14 week old German shepherd male an I was concerned at first about his ears not standing but then when I read all the information on here I calmed down an decided that I will have to be patient I then came across his sister whose ears are standing so then I started to worry again because hers were up but not his. I also came across his brother an his ears were not standing so I calmed down again but now I'm worrying because he is approaching 4 months old an they still look like umbrellas. Only reason I'm worrying now is because I came across his grand fathers photos an in some pictures his ears were up an some they look like he had soft ears an he is full grown. however both pups parents stand. His left ears comes up often but goes back down his right one I only seen budge once are twice kind of how I describe the grandpa. should I wait are start taping are do you think they won't stand? He will be loved regardless it just would be disappointing as I payed a good amount for him. Thanks for your feed back

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Based on the pics I honestly think they will stand. My boys ears stopped the wonky up/ down thing close to 6 months.

Give him safe things to chew on to build those muscles. I also think teething can make their ears drop temporarily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts