German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 6 month old female purebred GSD and ears are up, down, one up one down, etc. Looks like she has lost most or all of her baby teeth. Take her on walks and has plenty of chew toys to stimulate the ears. We also have a 4 year old female GSD we got from the same breeder and her ears were up maybe in 5 months. Since they have been going up and down, should we be concerned that they are not up yet? It seems like people are commenting if they are not up by 6-7 months they may not go up. Looking for suggestions. TIA.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My dog just turned 6 months old and his just came up more regularly. They are only up when he wants them up based on his emotions or curiosity it seems. I thought they were going to be sideways for a while. My wife and I do not care one way or the other. Some dogs take longer for whatever reason. I hope you are not stressing over this. As long as she is getting enough calcium I would be patient and look for changes here and there. It sounds from your description that they are on their way up (up, down, one up ,etc) this is exactly what my dog was going. I still see one hanging over towards the other occasionally. I also see both hanging inwards forming a teepee. This seems to be some kind of response to curiosity. Anger gets them right up. Bashfulness lays them right down. Chewing and monkeying around could be one up or alternating. I like it all. Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts