German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall im sure its been discussed but just curious if anyones had floppy ears go up after a year? My girl is pure breed and 15 months. She has always had ears that go up and down. One is more constantly up. But both are up in the morning and when shes excited. They both droop soon after though. They are pretty huge ears and her mom had a floppy ear. I certaintely do not care if they are floppy, never taped them, and think they are kind of adorable. Just curious if anyone has any experience with them staying up after a year. Most people say they wont go up after 8 months but hers go up and down all the time.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I don't think they will permanently go up after a year, and my guess is that they will continue to do that dance. I'm glad you aren't going to be upset if they never stay up.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey yall im sure its been discussed but just curious if anyones had floppy ears go up after a year? My girl is pure breed and 15 months. She has always had ears that go up and down. One is more constantly up. But both are up in the morning and when shes excited. They both droop soon after though. They are pretty huge ears and her mom had a floppy ear. I certaintely do not care if they are floppy, never taped them, and think they are kind of adorable. Just curious if anyone has any experience with them staying up after a year. Most people say they wont go up after 8 months but hers go up and down all the time.
ok I think I can help u! my gsd flash had ears that were down I tried everything from gluing with tear mender to breath right strips to posting to foam nothing worked so I stopped trying then I saw this thread about a cheep and easy way to fix broken adult gsd ears, and I sware it works but u have to keep up with it.. it can take months for the ears to set perfectly but they will go up so this is what u need 1 PLAYING CARDS 2 ADHESIVE REMOVER WIPES, 3 A ROLL OF SURGICAL TAPE HUMAN GRADE 4 TORBOT SURGICAL GLUE, 5 EAR WIPES
what u do is u cut the card in a shape of a triangle with rounded edges not to big u want it only to fit the area where there is no hair, now ur going to cut out two peace's of the surgical tape ur going to place the playing card on the sticky side of tape then the other peace ur going to place the non sticky side facing tords the card ur going to rub it together so u should have one side of the tape sticky and one side not now cut it to shape the ear leaving a lil out now take the surgical glue and place a small amount on the sticky side of tape then slightly bend card and only do this after u clean ur dogs ear and ur going to bend card slightly in cover the area where the ear bends but not were the ear conal starts a lil above that ears might be floppy for a few mins distract ur dog take on walk and ears should be up it will hold for a few days and just re do it ur going to want to do it for a few months

1 - 4 of 4 Posts