German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Read Only
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tripp is my very first GSD, so I'm a little nervous about pretty much everything lol.

Tripp was born 11/01/2019. We bought him from a reputable breeder that was recommended to us.

He is fed a high quality food, has excellent vet care and has more toys then he probably needs.

We love him to bits no matter what, but his ears aren't standing up at all so I'm a little concerned.

Shouldn't they at least be standing up some of the time?

I know he's still teething and it can take time, but some reassurance would be awesome!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
I’m sure they will stand I find dogs with bigger or heavier ears take a bit to stand. If by 5 months the ears do not look as if they are not in the process of going to stand always ask your breeder to take a look.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Cute face on that pup! Your boy isn't even 4 months old yet. My first one's ears didn't come up until sometime around 9 months old. It did the ear dance. One ear up, then down, then the other one up, then down....etc. Every dog is different....even within the same litter.

·
Registered
547 Posts
He has giant ears like Kodi. They'll probably be a little slow to stand up. Watch how his ears behave when his head is down and focused on something. Do they stand up straight then? If yes, then the cartilage is at least developing at the base of the ears. Then watch how fast they flop back down when his head comes up. The slower they flop, the closer they are to standing up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts