German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
860 Posts
Nothing wrong. I think it is normal, dogs lower ears to higher ranking member/pack leader.

I think its a sign of respect.
He is interacting with you.

Also pulling on the tug, there are gravity forces/change in muscles activated.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you might be right, when I get home he goes into crazy puppy mode, and his ears fall flat, when people walk along the fence line, he flexs up, and his ears go up, and he woofs at them till they leave.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
My boy always flattens his ears when I live in him. It's a submissive sign. If he was defensive, his body would be tight and he would not be relaxed.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Hi GSDSAR... just can't quite figure out what you might have wanted to type... "when I live in him". ;-)

LOL. LOVE ON HIM. LOL. dang auto correct!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Do his ears seem listless/floppy when they're down? Do the ears fold over on themselves when they're pricked up/he's really interested in something? They look pretty firm in those pictures.
Cobe keeps his ears down whenever we're interacting with people or dogs.. just loosely held back, not pinned or tense, and his ears have a flop but aren't completely limp. Suddenly they spring up and people find it startling, because they didn't realize his ears stood. If he's holding them up there's definitely no flop to them!
How old is your dog? Sometimes the cartilage in the ears can be a little loose for a few months after teething.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Every morning, I hear Fritz panting, I open my eyes, he is sitting there, ears against his head, wagging tail, so happy! I always took it as respect and love. :D

PS, gsdsar, I too read and re-read....:confused: trying to change the word so it would make sense..:)

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
When my male looks at me with ears up, I run. He is plotting something evil and I get doors between us. It's a game of course, but he plays hard.
The give away is the twinkle in the eye.....:D

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
When my male looks at me with ears up, I run. He is plotting something evil and I get doors between us. It's a game of course, but he plays hard.
Did you steal my dog, lol? I can hardly look at Russell without him launching himself at me. :p

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Did you steal my dog, lol? I can hardly look at Russell without him launching himself at me. :p
It's one of the myriad reasons I adore the breed. They have an over developed sense of humor, to Cable, seeing me run pell-mell through the house trying to get something solid between him and me is the height of entertainment in his world. All it takes is me offering a hand and his ears go back and it's lovin' time though. So smart, so into their people-pack.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Ruger puts his ears flat back when he's zooming, or whenever he gets out of his crate and wants to love on us. Then they're back up in the air, picking up radio waves :D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Normal. My dog's ears flatten as he wags his tail to greet me when I get home. Doesn't havr anything to do with ears not going up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts