German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Cute puppy. Not sure if she is purebred but when Shadow was very young her ears were small as well. She was about 4 weeks in this picture, and the tip of her one ear is missing, but they were still little ears.
Your pup looks younger then 6 weeks.

DSCI1711.JPG

·
Super Moderator
7,370 Posts
a little small for his age? breed? ability to hear??

they look to be of correct proportion for its size.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. We saw the parents when we got him so he should be pure but with these ears I am really questioning it. They offered AKC paperwork but I don't plan on breeding or showing or anything so I didn't get it from the breeder. Paperwork has his birthday as Sep 4th so he would be 7 weeks tomorrow and I took the picture yesterday.

Seems to hear fine! I have read that every puppy is different..being that some have disproportionate ears when they're young and others have ears that grow as they grow. So we'll see I guess!

Admins, sorry if this post is in the wrong section...i see now that there's a section devoted to ears!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We saw two of his sisters when we got him. One also had small ears like him and the other had ears that were flipped down like what I am used to seeing...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts