·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
4,682 Posts
Merry Christmas.
I tried to make a little Christmas video of racing around our Christmas trees, but it is more of a blooper reel. My gal-dog was supposed to search behind the tree and if nothing is there, race back to me. She had other plans.

May your Christmas be filled with laughter

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love the pics and videos! Did everyone have a good Christmas?

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Fun photos and video sounds like it’s real cold outside with the wind. Christmas was a great one! Max every yeAr Opens his present he seems to know which is his and is odd. My gift to myself was a a hand painted ornament of my 3 dogs! The second video he is opening his second present his favorite though is his hedgehog that he opened up without needing to be asked. lol! I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas and have a happy new year!
http://instagr.am/p/B6qGbtOhwbL/

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love the ornament! it is so delicate and pretty. Do you know who painted it? They did a great job!
We had a great Chrismas! Kias got a chewy toy that makes a crunchy noise, but he has yet to understand how to make it work. ( Ha! :))

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
@Kathrynil I’m sure your pup will figure it out all in his toy in his own real quick lol! Thanks - It’s actually a plastic ball- which I am greatful for. Her name is Julie she is a local artist I know her through friends. She has a gift and makes it look easy. I’m actually going to take a lesson and Paint from photo of my horse that passed away two years ago it should be very healing and therapeutic. I can you send you her info in a private link if interested. I had my mom and dads dog done it made a great Xmas present.

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Kathrynil I’m sure your pup will figure it out all in his toy in his own real quick lol! Thanks - It’s actually a plastic ball- which I am greatful for. Her name is Julie she is a local artist I know her through friends. She has a gift and makes it look easy. I’m actually going to take a lesson and Paint from photo of my horse that passed away two years ago it should be very healing and therapeutic. I can you send you her info in a private link if interested. I had my mom and dads dog done it made a great Xmas present.
I'm sorry about your horse. what breed?
I bet it will be therapeutic. That sounds fun! I would love to see a pic when you're finished. I wish I could do that, but the best I can do is sketch horses. I've tried to paint, but I'm very impatient, and it's ended up as a disaster every time. :D If you don't mind sending the link, I would love to see some of the other stuff she does! Only if it isn't trouble.

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
@Kathrynil he was a bay tobiano paint horse. He has war admiral and man of war in his pedigree I just always like to share lol! Yeah that is on the list I will let you know how it goes. I pm you her info. She is on Facebook she does beautiful work.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@Jenny720 Thank you. I got it. Man of War and war admiral? That's impressive! Do you know how far back? Was he a full-blooded Paint?

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
@kathyrnil well he came from Kentucky so I can see the availabitily there they were way back. He had thoroughbred Way back also thoroughbreds from war admiral. He is a registered paint horse - recent were paints and quarter horses he has some famous quarter horses to but there is thoroughbred blood back in there. Is that your paint? Jay had a bff who looks just like your guy but bay not black and white but it looked like he had some draft horse in there! They seem to know they are different he always made friends with the paints and always stuck together lol!

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
he's a beautiful horse. He looks so personable! I have never had a horse, but I've wanted one since I could remember, but since I will probably never get one, I just read and study on horses like crazy. Do you have a conformation pic of him? I would love to draw him in my sketchbook.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, the horse on my post isn't mine. I wish he was, but it's just a pretty pic I found for free online. Sigh...

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
I’m sure I have a natural photo that shows his confirmation. Yeah horses can be expensive but I can tell you from owning one to not - you waste money on other things when not owning one it’s the truth and when you own one you just have no money to waste. It is a big responsibility though and often it just works. We also half leased our horse when we owned one which made it more affordable. Leasing horses is Also more affordable not the same but it is what I am doing now for my daughter.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Your did not have to be all knowledgeable to see what a beautiful mover he was. Jay catching some sun.
I'll draw him and take a pic of the results for you. He's a beauty and he a nice top-line and shoulder. I bet he had good movement! I'm sorry you had to lose him.

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
@Kathrynil i will be very happy to see your drawing of Jay thank you! Yes a gorgeous mover - mr. Fancy. He had not a health issue and the end was sudden and abrupt. The best part he was such a sweet boy. When the kids were little they would run under him. He is up there on the highest pedestal on his sweet and good nature with kids he really enjoyed when we were all down together.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts