German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advise. Our 20 week old pup had perfect ears until a couple of days ago. She was outside and somehow injured the tip of her ear possibly with a livestock electric fence, no blood or cut just the tip floppy. It doesn't appear to be sore to touch or bothering her in any way. Is this fixable, should I take some proactive steps to help it repair. I attached a couple of photos to show before and after.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
If you don't see an injury, and it doesn't seem to be bothering her at all, it's likely just due to teething at that age and will likely stand back up on it's own.

·
Registered
31,130 Posts
20 weeks? Her ears might go up and down a little with teething. I wouldn't get concerned about it just yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you don't see an injury, and it doesn't seem to be bothering her at all, it's likely just due to teething at that age and will likely stand back up on it's own.
No obvious injury, she did yelp when near the fence and it was right after we noticed her ear. Her ears were very sturdy until then no sign of going down.
Hopefully it's just teething.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No obvious injury, she did yelp when near the fence and it was right after we noticed her ear. Her ears were very sturdy until then no sign of going down.
Hopefully it's just teething.
Thanks for your help. Ear has now went back so appears no damage was done

1 - 5 of 5 Posts