German Shepherds Forum banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
My pups ears are still down. I'm so excited to see the various stages he goes through. Sometimes when he lays down they will stand up and he looks so darn cute!

My GSD/Basset Hound mix on the other hand...His ears are permanently wonky. Though I personally think its a choice. He can have both up, both down, or one up/one down. When he has both up you can REALLY see the GSD in him. I love his little face!

"Normal"
[/URL][/IMG]

"My GSD Face"
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Ruger's left ear is beginning to flop - maybe on the way to wonky ear stage? He's 12½ weeks old. I might be excited about it lol.

·
Registered
415 Posts
So cute! Maya has gone through a few different stages, but is now back to both being floppy. She's not quite 4 months old.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Here she is with the flying nun. Please disregard the pile of clothes and the fact that immediately after snapping this photo I discovered she had a piece of tissue in her mouth tht she had snatched from the garbage. Oy, puppies!

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Okay, now I'm concerned. My pup is four months old and his ears are at "to the left" stage! At 16 weeks, shouldn't both ears be up?
I've read that it's common for them to go up and down and not settle into both up permanently until they are around 7 months of age.

·
Registered
51 Posts
So Henry is 4 months this week. He'd been in tee-pee stage for a few weeks. Then it looked like he was transitioning to full up ears until this last couple of days. Now it's this. I hope it's just part of the process.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 Ear Flop

My pup Major has the 1 up (left) 1 down (right) ear thing. He is almost 5 months old, just a week or so short of it. When his head bends down, the ear will stand and will stay for a VERY short time after he lifts his head. Do I need to be concerned, should I try the breathe right strip thing? Never had a GSD without erect ears, so am kinda lost on this one. Help! Please!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a gsd puppy 2 months old named rimo. her ears are always up now from today i saw that right ear is down. dont know why and what to do....plz help

·
Registered
5 Posts
I personally like floppy ears but these dogs are so cute, sadly I can't post pictures because of my post count but I have a pictures of my puppy with floppy ears and with standing ears

·
Registered
23 Posts
One up one a flying nun

My pup Major has the 1 up (left) 1 down (right) ear thing. He is almost 5 months old, just a week or so short of it. When his head bends down, the ear will stand and will stay for a VERY short time after he lifts his head. Do I need to be concerned, should I try the breathe right strip thing? Never had a GSD without erect ears, so am kinda lost on this one. Help! Please!
Majorsmum,
I have a 14 week old and I'm experiencing the same thing. One ear is pretty much up all the time now with the exception of the very tip of the ear, the other seems like it is a flying nun and will stand up for very short times when hes laying down, then gets up. But the base seems narrower and not as strong as the other ear that is up. But for 95% of the time is is folded over. Now both parents ears were standing up, she comes from very strong lines, and from what I was told by the breeder that has been doing it for years, that she should not have an issue and not to worry. Ive also seen pics of her brothers and both ears are almost all the way up at this age. Have you seen any change in your pup since you last posted?

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
So cute a flip flop. When the ear that is starting to go up rises more then the floppy ear will have its turn getting up probably start another week. Mine pup ears took turns seemed like they needed the room. Then we then had all ear phases.

121 - 140 of 145 Posts