German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a new puppy has reminded me of all those fun ear stages so I went back through all my dogs puppy pics over the years to see the different stages. I've taken the liberty of naming a few. Enjoy!

[The Teenie Ears]

The Unstopping Ears:

The Double Flop:

The Comb Over:

The Flying Nun:

The Cross Over:

To the Left, to the left:

The Seashells:

Dear Lord, please let my ears go up first:

The Teepee:

The One Up:

The Glue Up:

And Perfect:

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
My all time favorite "ear stage" is the Teepee stage. I LOVE this stage, unfortunately both my GSD's ears went up in a matter of days of bringing them home... good and bad I suppose - I like the "wonky ear stage"!!!

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
OMG, that's so adorable!! I love it!! Blitz's ears went up before 7 weeks and were solid, not even the tinniest flop.... I know I should be happy cause so many people stress over it but I wish we could of had just a little flop for adorable pictures like these!!!!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
ahhh i never got to experience the ear stages! Shasta's ears were down and a couple days later they were up and have been up since. i wanna experience the wonky ears!!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I love seeing the funky ear stages. I gotta say, I love the comb-overs and teepee ears. LOL

·
Registered
386 Posts
my pups ears were up when i got him, then one went down for about a week, now 1 ear is completely up and the other just has a small "limp" tip that doesn't bug me.. but is the glueing really necessary? my pup is 10 weeks old now

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
my pups ears were up when i got him, then one went down for about a week, now 1 ear is completely up and the other just has a small "limp" tip that doesn't bug me.. but is the glueing really necessary? my pup is 10 weeks old now

folded ear tip like this? Shasta's ear tip on her, is actually broken. As long as nothing is wrong with the ear, and thats all thats waiting to stand, i dont think you need to worry. Shasta has a decent sized chunk out of part of her ear from when one of her litter mates bit down too hard. i think its adorable! lol.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
What a brilliant thread! Beautiful dogs too :wub: I have ear envy as my girl as never gone past the "Flying Nun"

·
Registered
37 Posts
We've been through the comb over, the cross over, and the flying nun.We are now stuck on "one up" :(. It has become a guessing game what Thor's ears will be doing day by day...

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wonky ear...I love that! I'd like to officially change the stage name of 'seashells' to wonky ear!

Montanna Scout - no gluing taping a 10 week old is NOT necessary. If I have a pup that ears aren't up by 5 months I use the forms. THey could still go up on their own afte that but it starts to get iffy so I go ahead and do it at that point (i've only had to do once on both ears and once on a single ear)

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I realized I missed the 'collie' stage (ears up except tips are over). I went back through all pics and don't have a great example but this someone gives the look. If anyone has a good example of the collie stage please post it.

The Collie Stage:

·
Registered
101 Posts
This is fantastic! My girl's ears went up pretty quick too, but I definitely remember picking her up with the flying nun ears and thinking..aren't your ears supposed to stand up!? Boy did that change quickly :) Great pics!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
8 weeks we had the 1 up

Then they were both down

The one up happened again quickly followed with a combover

FINALLY at about 4 months, the combover one started pushing towards the sky was floppy and then lo and behold 4.5 months old....

SUCCESS!!!

Here are some pics of these

Reactions: semcat66
1 - 20 of 145 Posts