German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so... Niko is 18wks old today. He has one ear up. It’s soft, but it’s been up for weeks. And one ear half floppy.
He’s in the middle of teething. I know that while teething the ears do a dance, so I expect at some point for his current “up ear” to go down.
His other ear has never once gone up. It’s been stuck in this half-flop for about 4wks.
So by the time he’s done teething, if that floppy-fella still hasn’t gone up, should I tape?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm not a fan of taping. There is no evidence that taping works, but there is evidence that it can damage the ear so that it will never come up.

Your pup is too young to worry about ears. Many of us have pups that didn't have erect ears until 9 months old or older. Please relax. There are much more important things to worry about than a floppy ear.

Cute pup!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not a fan of taping. There is no evidence that taping works, but there is evidence that it can damage the ear so that it will never come up.

Your pup is too young to worry about ears. Many of us have pups that didn't have erect ears until 9 months old or older. Please relax. There are much more important things to worry about than a floppy ear.

Cute pup!
You're right. I see a lot of GSD owners tend to panic about the ears and I was told after teething it's too late (though that seemed a bit soon for me). I'm not committing to taping, seems like a lot of effort for a 50/50 shot lol. Just reaching out on here to see what others think/have done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts