German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GSD is 9 months old. I started doing breath right strips and mole skin on her right ear at 8 months as it was having difficulty standing up at rest. The mole skin/ strips fall off and she will sometimes have the ear stand up for a whole day or 2 and then I have to reapply. When we are playing frisbee, on a walk or generally anything exciting... She is able to get both ears up. The base of the ear is strong. When I feel the right ear I do feel a thinner portion where it's been creased....I don't know if I should give up or is it a good sign that she can get both ears up when excited?

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
I'm not a big fan of taping or using breathe right strips in a dog's ear. But if it means something to you, now's the time! Don't let that support come out and not replace it ASAP!

But, if they don't stand to your satisfaction in the next couple months, let it go and enjoy your dog for who she is!!!

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
To follow up...

I have never had a dog whose ears didn't stand on their own. If I did, i'd just consider it the way the dog is. So take my inexperienced comment for what it is! Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts