German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my first training session with the E-collar on my almost 2 year old GSD, Duke yesterday.
He use to be by my side as soon as I got home until we went to bed. Today is totally different. Every time he sees me he turns the other way or goes to his crate. He isn’t barking or doing any of his other annoying behaviors but he is also not hanging out with me.
Is this normal? Will he eventually come back to being my side kick?

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
If he is really disengaged because of the training session I'd get a new trainer and/or stop e collar. I do mot think that should be an outcome. I've never had a dog act like that after doing e collar

·
Registered
285 Posts
I trained my black lab to an e-collar when he was nine. He was going deaf. I just set it for a slight vibration to get his attention so that he would look at me if I wanted something. He never showed the slightest aversion to the stimulation.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
Are you working with a trainer? The avoidance behaviour you're describing is not typical with proper use.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Agree with the others. Why’d you begin to use it in the first place? I do have one dog that’s e collar trained, not my shepherd. I just no longer understand the fascination with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,855 Posts
Can you describe the training techniques please?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts