German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what model do you use?? can you get under coffee tables with the big purple one? how about the new "ball" ones?? thanks

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I have the DC07 and the DC18 Slim. The DC07 does not get under coffee tables but the DC18 works pretty well maneuvering under and around them. I haven't tried the new ball one but the DC18 swivels and maneuvers very easily without the ball. The DC07 is much harder to maneuver as it doesn't swivel at all and only goes in a straight path.

The purple one is the animal which is the same vaccuum just with extra attachments.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I have the purple one, got it in 2005 and it is still going strong. I love it, it gets so much stuff. I can get it under my coffee tables but they are higher than normal tables. I bet I could get it under a regular one though. I really love my Dyson. I got it very cheap on amazon.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have the purple one as well. I believe it is the animal. I love my Dyson. It was a wedding gift from my mom in 2005. I would think it should be able to get under a coffee table. If not, the attachments are easy to use and could do it quickly that way.

·
Registered
314 Posts
We have the Dyson Animal (the purple one) and it is worth every cent! Even my husband who was less than thrilled at spending that much for a vac - says it's one of the best things we've bought lately --now just to get him to use it....

Ours fits under our coffee table and in between chair legs, etc. Very maneuverable. We purchased ours at Bed Bath and Beyond so we were able to use a 20% off coupon.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Originally Posted By: Betsy actually think my Eureka BigBoss works better on pet hair.......for $400 less.....
Holy cow, I saw this an thought, boy, did the price of Dysons go up? I looked and my model is now $550!!!! Unbelievable. I have the big purple one (no ball) DC17 I think and paid about $220 for it in 2005. Guess I better take extra good care of that thing!

·
Super Moderator
32,040 Posts
I have the DC 25 ball: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014E3GM0/ref=ox_ya_os_product

I just got it about 2 months ago, my previous Dyson the DC 07 Animal died after 6 years. It would have been over $300 to fix, so I bought a new one. I really like the ball design, it fits under low furniture much better than my previous one.

The only things that I don't like as well, both minor, is that the canister is a little smaller and the cord a little shorter, but neither are that big a deal to me. I love the maneuverability of the ball!

·
Registered
17,397 Posts
I think I had the DC07 and currently have the DC 15 or 17 (ball).

With either of mine, I didn't have a problem getting under my tables, but they might be higher than some?

The big thing for me was buying the model with the largest canister capacity - it fills fast during shedding season or if I get behind on the vacuuming!

·
Super Moderator
32,040 Posts
This is the coffee table I have:

The lower shelf is just high enough off the ground to cram a tennis ball under. (Wanna know how I know this?
) I can actually get the head of the ball style Dyson underneath it, up to where the ball itself is. I have a couple of Morris chairs in the living room, and my old Dyson wouldn't go under those either, or under my bed. It really does depend on what kind of furniture you have whether or not it would be a problem.

But with the non-ball styles there's the floor tool that will fit everywhere the vacuum won't, which comes with the Animal line, and also with the All-Kit version that Costco sells. I bought a Dyson for work, and since all the desks and chairs are high enough off the ground, the basic yellow version without any tools works just fine.

·
Super Moderator
32,040 Posts
Originally Posted By: dresdenwhat model do you use?? can you get under coffee tables with the big purple one? how about the new "ball" ones?? thanks
BTW, the purple Animal model is also available in a ball style. You can browse the styles on the Dyson website, and do a side by side comparison of a couple different models: http://www.dyson.com/store/hmc.asp

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks everyone! i have visited the website but im still not sure which one to go with! i dont need to get completely under the tables but a few inches would be nice...tennis balls rolls under my tables too, so thats about the height....is there a big difference between the animal and all floor?? we have mostly carpet, except tiled bathrooms, kitchen and laundry room

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have the Purple Animal version and I absolutely LOVE it. I have hated to vacuum all my life until I got this vacuum. Now I ban the wife from touching it and allow it to be my chore. The amount of crap it picks up each and every time is amazing to see.

·
Super Moderator
32,040 Posts
Originally Posted By: dresden...is there a big difference between the animal and all floor?? we have mostly carpet, except tiled bathrooms, kitchen and laundry room
If you're talking about the DC25 Animal or All floors, the only difference according to the comparison chart is the mini tubine head that comes with the Animal. That's what you're paying $50 more for. I tried the turbo tool that came with my DC07 Animal once and then tossed it in the closet. It's supposed to pick up animal hair off furniture, but I was not impressed.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
I have the animal and a ball, not sure which model and I can't really go and check right now as we are separated by a few thousand miles. I have no problem getting under things with either one.

You can always move the coffee table too unless it is very heavy or something.

Debbie..... we have the same coffee table!
And yes that balls do get under there.....

·
Super Moderator
32,040 Posts
Originally Posted By: KathyWDebbie..... we have the same coffee table!
And yes that balls do get under there.....
That was Cassidy's favorite game - she'd cram her ball under there, try unsuccessfully to dig it back out, and then sit in front of the TV staring at us until we got it out for her. And then she'd do it again. And again, and again..... If we didn't get the darned ball out she would NOT move, so we finally foiled her by putting up all the tennis balls and buying her a Kong ball that was just big enough that she couldn't get it under the table. Ha!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
We actually got rid of our coffee table a couple years ago, tired of the GSD tail LOL, we now use these little storage ottomans and set trays on them, They work great and are easy to move around for vacuuming!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok so i went today to actually look at the vacuums...wondering if i could get away with the yellow one? only problem is the collection bin is smaller....oh what to do, what to do...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts