German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I'm new to this forum, and I'm planning to get a Czech working line GSD. I've been researching for over a year and will continue to research till the day I get him, and then long after that.

What are the best durable toys? I'm looking for a toy that will last him from puppyhood, until he's a few years old.

Thank you,

Willow

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
The extra large glow in the dark chuck it ball with the holes they seem to last. Max does not like to destroy it but enjoys squeezing it - the ball is very flexible so is good on teeth and does not wear them down.

·
Registered
105 Posts
x2 on the Chuckit balls. Kairo has about a half dozen of the various 3" size Chuckit balls that have all lasted so far, but his favorite ball since small puppy-hood is the West Paw Zogoflex Air. Kairo has a ball in his mouth 75% of every day lol, and all of these have lasted. He's always been an aggressive chewer and has destroyed just about every toy he has ever had. But for long lasting chew toys, the only one that has lasted is his water buffalo horn, which I much prefer over cow hoofs, Himalayan Yak chews, deer antlers, etc, all of which splinter too much for my liking, at least in my experience. Have experienced minimal chipping and splintering with the water buffalo horn, and it's lasted several months already. Will surely get a year+ out of his water buffalo horn.

Reactions: KohnentheGSD
1 - 5 of 5 Posts