·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PERMISSION GIVEN TO CROSSPOST
From: "Cleary, Jared L CPT RES USAR FORSCOM" <[email protected]>
Date: July 2, 2008 11:22:59 AM EDT

Greetings from Iraq!

I am sending this e-mail to see if there is any interest in helping a MWD (military working dog) who has served his country and risked his life in Operation Iraqi Freedom.

MWD Rocky is a German Shepherd who is trained for explosives detection and attack.

Rocky and his handler recently left Iraq and redeployed back to Germany. Due to Rocky's advanced age (10 years) and health problems (arthritis), he will most likely be retired. Because his handler is not able to adopt him, he will most likely be euthanized immediately upon retirement.

I am trying to find out if there would be any interest in saving Rocky's life so that he can spend his golden years in a loving home and enjoy his retirement rather than being put to death. Due to Rocky's background and training, he will not be able to go to a home with any other dogs and should not go to a home with children. Anyone interested in adopting Rocky should have experience with German Shepherds and needs to be willing to pay the medical costs for the upkeep of his arthritis medications (I believe he is currently on 3 different meds).

Please let me know if any of you think you can find Rocky a home through your networks. Please feel free to forward this e-mail to other German Shepherd rescue networks that you are in contact with if you do not think you will be able to help.

I do not currently have any pics of Rocky, but can have some sent to me by his handler.

Thank you very much for your assistance in this matter.
Jared L. Cleary
CPT, CA
U.S. Army
Iraq

Go to Original Thread

1 - 1 of 1 Posts