Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Sorry for the late post, Brianna and I have been busy :)

We picked up Max yesteday and brought him home around 12:30. On the way home, he sat on Brianna's lap, but drooled something fierce... 15 minutes later he threw up twice. As soon as we were home and he was out of the car, his tail was wagging and he was feeling better.

So far, I couldn't be happier with him! He' going potty outside except for one pee accident (my fault for not watching), he's not really nipping/mouthy! When he starts, we redirect him to his toys and he's great that way! I have one cut on my finger and that was when I was I was holding a chicken neck, to try and stop him from wolfing them down. He chews on them pretty well when I hold them.

I did have to take him out to potty 5 times last night. He hasn't gone in his designated area, but he's going outside, so I'm not going to complain :)

He LOVES the flirt pole! Both him and Brianna were worn out fairly quickly with it :)

I'll post pictures later, promise!

I do have a concern I mentioned in the Health Issues section... his belly was rather round and he looked chubby/fat. I just looked at his stools and noticed there was a 2 inch or so worm in each one. I researched a lot, but not worms... I contacted the breeder, but haven't heard back yet. I'm worried and not sure if I should be or if this is normal. He's been eating great, just the worms and roundish belly... I know all pups have worms, but since I only saw 2, should I be concerned or not?

Thanks all, I'll try add photo's in a few... Brianna's keeping Max busy.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Late, but obligatory pictures :)

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
well I think you just lost that puppy to Brianna:) LOL..

As for the car sickness, kinda common in puppies,,I would take him for short short rides to get him used to the car,,nothing worse than having a dog who is carsick for life!!

I see you got your answers on the worm issue on the other thread:)

VERY cute pics, but yep, I see that puppy being Brianna's I think you'll have to get your own:)

·
Registered
27,259 Posts
What an adorable Pair!
Vet check within 72 hours and worms are a given with pups.
You'll need to clean up his poop every time so the worms don't stay in the yard and he'll need probably 3 treatments spaced 2 weeks apart.
You can give ginger cookies for the car sickness...usually they grow out of it.

This one is my fav~looks like she has the heeling tricks mastered!:

·
Registered
344 Posts
My goodness so cute both of them! I love the 5th picture with max and your daughter to precious :)

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Adorable!!!!!!!!!!!! yay finally he is home =) enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.