German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so took my timid one for a walk down town and a redneck dude had his pit type tied up outside a bar and he was outside having a smoke. soon as i saw his dog i changed direction and crossed the street, the pit was well behaved and tied up but i did not need to set my puppy back and it was just as easy to go around it in my view.

across the street i heard "sik im" type noises and i thought, nah, no way nobody is that stupid, i look back and the guy is kicking his dog and trying to get it angry and attack my pup, the poor pit female seemed like a lovely dog and was just looking up at him, i yelled out stuff not to repeat here, he looked up and said what, i'm not doing anything all innocent like, had pup so i yelled back where you from which is an invite to fight to any strangers if they don't know anyone local.

anyhoo walked back to truck locked pup up and drove to bar, invasive thoughts were filling my head, he was gone when i got there, can you believe someone would do that not out of ignorance but to wilfully cause harm, poor pits are better off not existing cos thats the sort of owners they attract.

·
Registered
181 Posts
That was bad, hope that redneck gets it one day...it's not the pit-bull but the owners that
kill and hurt people... though I do not trust pit bulls it's the owners who make them mean or gentle.

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it's one topic i get all not right in the head about. a lot of dogs around here have gone missing and the police and the rspca are trying to get at the problem, locals here are edgy about it and would not be good for the guy if he got connected with matching. could have just had to much to drink and was not using good judgement tho.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Poor dog. They don't deserve that kind of nonsense. I've yet to meet a truly aggressive pit. They're all so sweet and loving. Even the neighbors pit, massive beast of a dog, total mush. Achilles is adorable and just loves loves loves other dogs. He'll play all day if they let him.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Wow that's sad, the poor dog :( I'm glad it didn't attack but I'm sure the owner is making it regret that good decision :mad:

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Was his dog actually off lead, or was he just being stupid?
People are idiots, total, utter, idiots. I had one repeatedly throw his Silky at Jaeger trying to get it killed.

While dog aggression is totally normal in Pit Bulls, human aggression is not. Just putting it out there. It's not how they're raised, it's genetics.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
You have a cell phone?

Perhaps it would have been better to call the authorities as soon as you were a somewhat safe distance away rather then going back to your truck and driving back for a fight.

Precious time was lost, guy took off, in you wanting to claim authority in the situation.

Just sayin...

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
It is really amazing what some people think is acceptable behavior. I am sooo glad his dog didn't listen... for your sake and both of the dogs!

It is a shame, tho, Shade probably pegged the guy's mentality and that poor thing probably will suffer for Not attacking. You can't fix stupid.

·
Registered
190 Posts
so took my timid one for a walk down town and a redneck dude had his pit type tied up outside a bar and he was outside having a smoke. soon as i saw his dog i changed direction and crossed the street, the pit was well behaved and tied up but i did not need to set my puppy back and it was just as easy to go around it in my view.

across the street i heard "sik im" type noises and i thought, nah, no way nobody is that stupid, i look back and the guy is kicking his dog and trying to get it angry and attack my pup, the poor pit female seemed like a lovely dog and was just looking up at him, i yelled out stuff not to repeat here, he looked up and said what, i'm not doing anything all innocent like, had pup so i yelled back where you from which is an invite to fight to any strangers if they don't know anyone local.

anyhoo walked back to truck locked pup up and drove to bar, invasive thoughts were filling my head, he was gone when i got there, can you believe someone would do that not out of ignorance but to wilfully cause harm, poor pits are better off not existing cos thats the sort of owners they attract.
Glad you and GSD ok. There are no bad dogs, just bad people with dogs.

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad you and GSD ok. There are no bad dogs, just bad people with dogs.

thanks, it was not my gsd involved, it was one of my mutt puppies.

like yr last sentence a lot, i also think that is true for children.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts